On any given afternoon at the younger boys center about half of the boys will be walking around topless. I feel like this is typical of 6-11 year old boys. Plus the afternoon is usually washing time. And rest time. And I am sure I have mentioned before that it is, you know, pretty stinkin hot here. Always.
When we get new boys they are usually really skinny. They mostly stay pretty slim. But most of them you can pretty much see every muscle in their stomachs when they get to us. Today some of the boys who have been there for a few weeks were sitting down and grabbing small (small!) rolls of their now ever so slightly rounded and smoothed out tummies and saying how before there were lines in their bellies. (Meaning you could see all of their ab muscles).
I thought it was just the most precious thing. That's right boys--you're more than skin and bones now!
When we get new boys they are usually really skinny. They mostly stay pretty slim. But most of them you can pretty much see every muscle in their stomachs when they get to us. Today some of the boys who have been there for a few weeks were sitting down and grabbing small (small!) rolls of their now ever so slightly rounded and smoothed out tummies and saying how before there were lines in their bellies. (Meaning you could see all of their ab muscles).
I thought it was just the most precious thing. That's right boys--you're more than skin and bones now!
No comments:
Post a Comment