The repairs in our house still aren't finished yet. The main things we were hoping for to move back in (electricity and functioning toilets) seems to be last on the list of things that are being repaired. Hopefully we can move back in soon. It's difficult living one place, having most of my stuff someplace else, and knowing there is a lot of cleaning and projects and replacing of things to do once we finally do move back. I hope it's soon! I miss our house!
Also, my language school has decided, out of the blue, to add two more classes per week and double the price with no exceptions. Which is incredibly frustrating as I have built my life around the schedule they had already put in place (and that they have been using for the last 12 years). So there is a lot of shifting, thinking, and frustration with that. Trying to figure out what to cut out and such. Also having troubles with online banking and my credit card. That has not been a joy exactly.
Sorry to be a Debbie downer. That's just what is going on. With everything kind of here, there, and everywhere these last 2 weeks I am feeling kind of discombobulated.
BUT.
It's funny to see how you change and adjust in different circumstances. I'm probably more easy going now than I have ever been in my life. Relinquished any sort of control that I thought I had. Things are in constant flux here anyhow. I haven't had a lasting set schedule for more than 3 or 4 weeks I would say. So I make another color coded timetable to put on my wall and keep on trucking.
It's easy to do when I remember why I'm here. Days that I'm tired or discouraged I remember the important things. Those sweet boys. The poorest of the poor. God's heart. And I wipe the sweat from my brow and keep forging ahead step by step.
Also, my language school has decided, out of the blue, to add two more classes per week and double the price with no exceptions. Which is incredibly frustrating as I have built my life around the schedule they had already put in place (and that they have been using for the last 12 years). So there is a lot of shifting, thinking, and frustration with that. Trying to figure out what to cut out and such. Also having troubles with online banking and my credit card. That has not been a joy exactly.
Sorry to be a Debbie downer. That's just what is going on. With everything kind of here, there, and everywhere these last 2 weeks I am feeling kind of discombobulated.
BUT.
It's funny to see how you change and adjust in different circumstances. I'm probably more easy going now than I have ever been in my life. Relinquished any sort of control that I thought I had. Things are in constant flux here anyhow. I haven't had a lasting set schedule for more than 3 or 4 weeks I would say. So I make another color coded timetable to put on my wall and keep on trucking.
It's easy to do when I remember why I'm here. Days that I'm tired or discouraged I remember the important things. Those sweet boys. The poorest of the poor. God's heart. And I wipe the sweat from my brow and keep forging ahead step by step.
No comments:
Post a Comment