Thursday, August 16, 2012

Come Back

Remember him? He had been doing so well for months. Not running away. Less arguing and fighting. Was doing so well in school and one of the most clever in his class. Loved the art programs and always took them really seriously. It was amazing.

Another boy who had been at the center for awhile and then left for a few months came back about the same time I got back to Sudan. Then, when I went this week to the center, they were both gone. I asked where they were. Gone, ran away, back to the market.

It makes me so sad.

I saw them yesterday. They came to the door and peeked in while I was doing the program with the other boys. Then they ran off. Their eyes were glassy and I'm sure they are back to sniffing glue.

I'm sure they'll come back. I hope they do. They've run away and returned before. I'm hoping they'll exhaust from the life and remember what it's like to be in a place that is loving and safe. Praying God gives them wisdom beyond their years and sense to see that street life is a life they need out of.

Please bring them back, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment