Last night I woke up to a thunderstorm. Pounding rain, thunder, lightning--all the good stuff. After looking out for a bit I laid in bed just listening. I just got up this morning and the air so nice and cool and it is still drizzling. The little lot below us is one giant mud puddle, as I suppose most of all the other roads around are as well.
Rain is still pattering about. A gray sky and a rainy morning in Sudan...never thought I would see the day! The few times that is has stormed in my time here they have been relatively short and always long gone by morning. I'm sure the sun will poke out later and the cool air will be replaced with very, very, hot and muggy air. But I'm soaking in this lovely morning. Because it just so happens to be the one weekday morning that I don't have to run off to language school first thing! The sound, the smell, the cool air...oh what a great gift!
Rain is still pattering about. A gray sky and a rainy morning in Sudan...never thought I would see the day! The few times that is has stormed in my time here they have been relatively short and always long gone by morning. I'm sure the sun will poke out later and the cool air will be replaced with very, very, hot and muggy air. But I'm soaking in this lovely morning. Because it just so happens to be the one weekday morning that I don't have to run off to language school first thing! The sound, the smell, the cool air...oh what a great gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment