Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nothing

Hi. It's been a little while. Sorry about that.
Life has been busy. Too busy. But still good.

I've been a little stressed and overwhelmed, if I'm being completely honest. But probably the one thing that is stressing me the least is my time with the boys at the centre's, which is wonderful. We're doing some cool stuff and most of them are actually into it most of the time. That's good. I think mostly now that my Arabic is getting better, it makes the time with them more enjoyable for me because I'm doing a lot more talking and interacting and a lot less sitting stupidly which I did in the beginning.

I'm sitting here trying to think of a cute story or anecdote about the last two weeks to share. But...I've got nothing. Right now I feel like I'm been functioning in overdrive for a few too many days and my mental capacity is kind of spent.

One think I have been doing lately is trying to write limericks in Arabic. It's hard to try to find rhyming words in your second language (I have a second language!), but it is immensely satisfying to succeed in it.

Anyway, I promise to be back with something more worthwhile next time.

Until then some thoughts that I have found encouraging this week:

"O my soul, be anxious for nothing. It is enough that your Father loves you." Frances J. Roberts

"If you spend your time putting more love into the world, then it is reasonable to believe that you are going to benefit from a world with more love in it." Mark Boyle

"The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes our life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see." Hebrews 11:1

"Comparison is the thief of joy." Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment