Thursday, February 2, 2012

Knocking My Socks Off

As you may recall, before Christmas I started working with the older boys in making sculptures out of wire. Cars, bikes, and things. The response from the bazaar where I sold the pieces was really positive so we've been continuing on with it. I was a little worried that after a few more weeks that enthusiasm would falter a bit. Though there are a few of the boys that I can't get to make or do anything, overall they are still digging it. AND they are taking bottle tops, cans, old flip flops, and all sorts of other bits of junk around and using them to make this stuff even more amazing. There are a couple of them who use their spare time to work on their creations. These boys are clever.
Donkey cart made with an old flip flop, bottle tops, tin can, and wire. Complete with a whip in the drivers hand.
Small radio made mostly out of bottle tops and wire. Plus two little turn knobs on the side made from an old shoe.
Rickshaw!
Lizard. Made from wire and donated beads.
Bottle top helicopter...
...with a top that spins!
:)

2 comments:

  1. I love this Beth! So clever. I'm glad you are able to use your love of art for God's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredible! The rickshaw is so perfect, I'm impressed with the way they have such an eye for detail. It looks like you've really found your niche there.

    ReplyDelete