Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On Vacation I:

Learned how to care for chickens. (A dream of mine for down the road someday).
How to dry artemisa leaves and make into malaria preventing tea.
How to de-worm my insides by chewing up papaya seeds.
That chickens have a funny sort of growl.
Got better at yoga.
Read 6 books.
Ate a LOT of the beautiful, cheap, abundant Kenyan produce.
Stayed with a lovely NZ couple that I got to know while waiting on my visa at the beginning of the year.
Shared chocolate bars and good talks all week with one of my dearest friends from the US.
Saw the crater.
Played with puppies.
Wore short sleeves!
Slept under covers for the first time since February.
Roasted marshmallows in a fireplace.
Went running and walking along beautiful, peaceful roads surrounded by trees and other green things!
Learned about composting.
Learned how to make Pavlova. (You should too! It's awesome.)
Went to a grocery store almost everyday and stocked up on things that I can't get here.
Caught up with the folks at Tumaini Kwa Watoto. (The street kids project I worked with in January).
Made this and these and this.
Stayed in a treehouse cabin with my fav person to go camping with.
Enjoyed a good thunderstorm.
In spite of myself enjoyed watching a show called Justified.

Now I'm back and happy to get back into the swing of things. Readjusting to the heat, back in school and at the centre's. Had to explain to my fruit guy where I'd been the last 2 weeks though. It's nice that he noticed I was gone! ...Which I guess isn't hard since I'm pretty sure that I am probably his only white customer.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment