Sunday, June 3, 2012

531 Days

Things may be a little quiet around here the next few weeks because for the first time in a year and a half I will visiting the good ol' US of A.

I'm taking my summer holiday there and I am thrilled to see family, friends, and get some nature back in my life. (Other than the desert).

I will try to see and spend time with  as many folks as possible, but I am in serious need of a mental/emotional break and will try to be mindful of that as well. Next summer I will be on home assignment and have more time to work with and see folks. :)

I'm curious to see what things seem weird and different to me now. I can't believe I haven't been home in 18 months! Apart from other things I plan on eating my body weight in asparagus, avocadoes, brussel sprouts, and blueberries. And ice cream that isn't bright pink sugar water. And to wear short sleeves! And maybe even shorts! Go running without getting chased by wild dogs! Wake up in the morning not sweaty! Not elicit stares everytime I leave the house! Not take 6 buses a day!

I like my life here a whole lot, but I'm ready for a break! Thanks for all your love and support and I look forward to seeing many of you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure we will get to see each other thia time but you are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete