Friday, April 20, 2012

Taking a Chill Pill

The weather went from being pretty hot last week (100's), to really hot this week (110's). With the increase in temperature has come a noticable difference in my energy, patience, and inclination to do most anything. So a little week off that I have been planning for myself and am being forced to take by my team leaders, has come at the perfect time.

I have been averaging 50+ hours of work time a week since January. Which is a little nuts in a first world Western country. But here, esspecially, it is not only an unsustainable oace of life, but possibly detrimental to my physical and emotional wellbeing.

I'm not trying to complain--I love everything I'm doing. (Which probably contributes to the problem), but I've been doing too much. Way too much. And everyone in my life here has told me I need to take it easy.

So I am! A week off! Possibly even a day that I don't need to take a bus or (gasp!) even leave the house! I have some catching-up-around-the-house things to do, but mostly I plan on chillaxing. Cooking, drawing, reading, crafting, among other things. Might even shell out 30sdg (about $8) to go to a swimming pool for foreigners. A little break is long overdue and I'm thrilled. Refuel a bit so I can give my best. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment