So I've gotten back into the swing of thing since a nice holiday break. School, centres...lots of time on the bus.
And it has been cold here. I know, I know, still no match for Eastern Shore cold (which, frankly I couldn't be happier to be far from!), but it's the coldest "winter" here anyone can remember here for years. It's in the upper 80's during the day, but gets into the 50's at night. Which is really difficult for most folks as their houses (and thin blood) are not made for cold. Esspecially when it's windy. My teeth were actually chattering the other morning when I was walking to get a bus. Yes, I have certainly climatized.
In other news, there is seemingly something continusly breaking in the apartment. I temporarily fixed our toilet, but its still on the fritz. Our oven has a small gas leak somewhere. And the light in my room is playing me for some kind of fool. It's totally winning. After 3 trips to the muglug (hardware shop), buying 4 new parts, and conversations with a handful of guys who know more about these things than I do, it still will flicker and flicker when I switch it on and never actually come on. Thankfully, though, my roommate returned from her trip home with an emergency light I have been using so that I'm not getting dressed in the dark in the morning.
A few other disappointments have popped by this week, but I'm not giving up hope yet. The weather though has been a huge gift. I have so much more energy when the weather is cooler. My brain seems to work better as well (the foreign lanuage compartment at least). So that's good.
Having a blast with the boys, as always. They fill my heart. Also had a really encouraging time with some of the other ex-pat ladies in the community here over the weekend. One thing that stuck out to me was the idea of fullness. One of the ladie likened it to Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving we eat 'til we're stuffed then everyone takes a nap. When you're full (in your belly) the natural place is rest. When we are full of the Spirit and in our heart and soul--it brings rest to those places no matter whatever else is going on.
I love that. Lets be full.
And it has been cold here. I know, I know, still no match for Eastern Shore cold (which, frankly I couldn't be happier to be far from!), but it's the coldest "winter" here anyone can remember here for years. It's in the upper 80's during the day, but gets into the 50's at night. Which is really difficult for most folks as their houses (and thin blood) are not made for cold. Esspecially when it's windy. My teeth were actually chattering the other morning when I was walking to get a bus. Yes, I have certainly climatized.
In other news, there is seemingly something continusly breaking in the apartment. I temporarily fixed our toilet, but its still on the fritz. Our oven has a small gas leak somewhere. And the light in my room is playing me for some kind of fool. It's totally winning. After 3 trips to the muglug (hardware shop), buying 4 new parts, and conversations with a handful of guys who know more about these things than I do, it still will flicker and flicker when I switch it on and never actually come on. Thankfully, though, my roommate returned from her trip home with an emergency light I have been using so that I'm not getting dressed in the dark in the morning.
A few other disappointments have popped by this week, but I'm not giving up hope yet. The weather though has been a huge gift. I have so much more energy when the weather is cooler. My brain seems to work better as well (the foreign lanuage compartment at least). So that's good.
Having a blast with the boys, as always. They fill my heart. Also had a really encouraging time with some of the other ex-pat ladies in the community here over the weekend. One thing that stuck out to me was the idea of fullness. One of the ladie likened it to Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving we eat 'til we're stuffed then everyone takes a nap. When you're full (in your belly) the natural place is rest. When we are full of the Spirit and in our heart and soul--it brings rest to those places no matter whatever else is going on.
I love that. Lets be full.
No comments:
Post a Comment