Friday, March 18, 2011

Truth.

You are the author and finisher. The Alpha and Omega. You know my needs and my heart and my desires better than I do. I know that you love me more than I know; that you always have my back, and you know what is best for me. I know you hold the world in your hands and all things under control.

I know that I am way selfish, but that you forgive when I ask; that I can start new in this moment. I know that I will stumble again. And again and again. And that you will be there to pick me up every time. Your mercy will never end. Your faithfulness endures forever. You are everlasting. You are bigger than my fears, bigger than my tomorrows. Great in my weakness, perfect in every way. You are my king. My love. My joy. I place my hope in you because I know that you never fail. You are my assurance. You are light in darkness. You are the beautiful and mighty. I believe that you are more than enough for me.

You will never leave me alone. You will never leave me at all. Thank you, thank you.
I am so small. You are so big. You have washed me clean...and I don't deserve it. I cannot fathom your love. I feel incredibly unworthy. And I am. I can't imagine why you find me worth it. I do not understand.

May my days be an offering of thanks and praise. May I lift my eyes UP to you and away from the muck all around.

You are my fixed point, my goal, my ambition. You are what I desire. To know you and to be known. To find rest for my soul. May my life reflect that I know the one who fashioned me. I know the one whose arms uplift me. I know my destiny. May I live as one not afraid of the world, who's strength is in the Lord, who does not quit or become dismayed. One who loves deeply by Your grace.

You. It is all for you. It is all yours. May I acknowledge you in all things, bring glory to your name. Walk humbly with you.

I put my trust in you. You will see me through.

You will. You will and you are and you always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment