Thursday, March 20, 2014

More Changes

My plans have changed again. And I am unsurprised. I have settled (somewhat) into the fact that my life is going to remain in an increased state of flux and change for the next several months. By nature of where I'm living and the unstable places I've chosen to live, things are ever in flux. This is compounded by the fact that I am trying to make my plans around another person these days, too. Ah, love. Has us doing things we never thought we would.

In about two weeks I'll be heading back to Juba for, likely, all of April and May.

I'm nervous.

Life is continuing on in a new sort of normal and is stable on the surface. But there is heavy fighting and opposition groups in other parts of the country. Fighting has sporadically broken out in Juba in the last few weeks, but it has been controlled, and there are many, many, many forces in the city. There is stability, but a shaky stability at best. Plus, I'll again be living where I work. A mixed blessing. Don't have to be out and about in the city too much. But, also, I am always at work.

Some of the girls are back at CCC and the rest will return in April. I miss them. I am so very much looking forward to reuniting with them for a little while. And helping at CCC. I'm nervous about diving back in and finding myself burnt-out and stressed-out and overwhelmed all over again. But my little sister has lectured me about boundaries. (Sweet.) And it is only for 2 months. You can do anything for 2 months. It is going to be intense and hard. But I can hack it for 8 weeks. And I feel like, when I left, my work there wasn't quite done. I'm happy to have the chance to go back and try and finish what I started.

Many of my Juba friends with NGO's who were also evacuated are back in the city. I'll have people to look out for me. I won't be all alone. So I'm mustering all the strength and energy I can, trusting God again in all of my weakness, and heading back. I'm planning on heading to the States for a little while in June. I'll need to decompress and recover. This whole year has just been bonkers. So having that as the finish line at the end will help.

Please pray for me, for CCC, for Juba, for South Sudan.

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time." Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment