Before director-lady left for the summer she took a bunch of the wire stuff the boys had made with her to sell. She also took with her two nice pictures that one of the oldest boys, "T", had drawn. She got them framed then auctioned them off while she was home in the UK. After the cost of the frames and such the profit was about $162.
She told me this and it made me so happy. Last week I was able to change the sterling into sdg. I'd talked with her about the money and we agreed that, like we do with the wire stuff with the boys, he was to get a third. From the money that remained I went out and got him a selection of actual, nice art supplies. Pencils, quality paper, watercolors, tempera paint, pastels, quality colored pencils. Stuff like that is really expensive here so there's no way to have enough of those supplies for all the boys. Few of them would be able to appreciate it anyway. I was delighted to be able to get T this stuff. I know he is into art and really enjoys it. He's talented to boot.
I had chatted with him about it just a bit the week before, so he knew he had money coming, just didn't know how much. So on Sunday I told him to come into the office. I gave him 305 sdg, (About what the teachers at the center make in 2 weeks--so no small sum!) and showed him the art supplies I'd picked for him, explaining what some of them were and such. His smile was big and his "thank you" heartfelt. He is such a good guy. Responsible, hardworking, respectful, trustworthy. It is great to see him rewarded and I'm excited to see what he does with the new supplies. I'm hoping to be able to do a little serious art lessons with him. We'll see. It was an encouraging moment though. It's always great to witness the success of others, especially one who are so deserving!
She told me this and it made me so happy. Last week I was able to change the sterling into sdg. I'd talked with her about the money and we agreed that, like we do with the wire stuff with the boys, he was to get a third. From the money that remained I went out and got him a selection of actual, nice art supplies. Pencils, quality paper, watercolors, tempera paint, pastels, quality colored pencils. Stuff like that is really expensive here so there's no way to have enough of those supplies for all the boys. Few of them would be able to appreciate it anyway. I was delighted to be able to get T this stuff. I know he is into art and really enjoys it. He's talented to boot.
I had chatted with him about it just a bit the week before, so he knew he had money coming, just didn't know how much. So on Sunday I told him to come into the office. I gave him 305 sdg, (About what the teachers at the center make in 2 weeks--so no small sum!) and showed him the art supplies I'd picked for him, explaining what some of them were and such. His smile was big and his "thank you" heartfelt. He is such a good guy. Responsible, hardworking, respectful, trustworthy. It is great to see him rewarded and I'm excited to see what he does with the new supplies. I'm hoping to be able to do a little serious art lessons with him. We'll see. It was an encouraging moment though. It's always great to witness the success of others, especially one who are so deserving!
I hope you have had a chance to give him an art lesson!
ReplyDelete