Sort of slowly started up my programs again with the boys after the break. For three days I went to the older boys center and the classroom where my cupboard is was locked. The first day I was told one of the boys had the key and was out. So I sat and chatted with them. The next day the boy didn't have the key and I was told the director had the key but he wasn't there. The day after that the director was there and didn't have the key, but thought that I had the key. Nope. No one knows where the key is. So they hammered off the lock and I was able to do a program with the boys. This is not terribly uncommon or the first time something like this has happened. I'm not a patient person by nature. God knows this all too well which may be part of the reason He has me in Africa. Oh, sanctification!
Right now with the boys we're making cups (and maybe tables next?) from scrap paper and a runny glue made from flour. (Can also be made from old bread or leftovers from porridge.) It's essentially glorified paper mache. But if you do it right, it actually makes and incredibly strong vessel. The boys were dubious when I was explaining it. So I turned the cup I made over and stood on it to show them that it really was strong. Then they said that I am light so it didn't count. So the largest of the teachers stood on it and they were convinced. :) They didn't believe me at first that it was just made of paper, but they're getting into the idea.
They keep asking me when we will start up the work with the wire again. They are eager to get some pocket money, plus it is something they enjoy doing. There are no bazaars or people buying stuff like that really until Christmas. So we'll start it up again in another month or so. I'm very happy that they want to do it again!
Yesterday and today I have taken sick days. Came home after a very long day Sunday night with some pain on my left side under my ribcage when I breathed. I wasn't able to get much sleep because it It increased and spread quite a bit into Monday along with a fever. I called a Dr lady I know who said that it is probably some infection/inflammation in the lining of my lung or something. I feel better today. The fever has gone and the pain has concentrated to just one area. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to the swing of things. Just as long as I am better by Friday. Something super fun is happening on Friday...
Right now with the boys we're making cups (and maybe tables next?) from scrap paper and a runny glue made from flour. (Can also be made from old bread or leftovers from porridge.) It's essentially glorified paper mache. But if you do it right, it actually makes and incredibly strong vessel. The boys were dubious when I was explaining it. So I turned the cup I made over and stood on it to show them that it really was strong. Then they said that I am light so it didn't count. So the largest of the teachers stood on it and they were convinced. :) They didn't believe me at first that it was just made of paper, but they're getting into the idea.
They keep asking me when we will start up the work with the wire again. They are eager to get some pocket money, plus it is something they enjoy doing. There are no bazaars or people buying stuff like that really until Christmas. So we'll start it up again in another month or so. I'm very happy that they want to do it again!
Yesterday and today I have taken sick days. Came home after a very long day Sunday night with some pain on my left side under my ribcage when I breathed. I wasn't able to get much sleep because it It increased and spread quite a bit into Monday along with a fever. I called a Dr lady I know who said that it is probably some infection/inflammation in the lining of my lung or something. I feel better today. The fever has gone and the pain has concentrated to just one area. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to the swing of things. Just as long as I am better by Friday. Something super fun is happening on Friday...
No comments:
Post a Comment