Last week I was pretty sick. Some sort of kidney infection coupled with crazy congestion and coughing. And some weird symptoms like not sweating for over a day and my ears turning bright red and swelling up a lot. But I seem to be mostly better now and I'm pretty happy about that. Yet again I feel indebted to those around me--the doctor lady I know who consulted me via phone, a friend who went to a couple of pharmacies to find the right medicine, and my roommate who, among other things, would check on me periodically throughout the day to make sure I was still alive. It's been the first time in over 6 months that I've been really sick, so it was nice to enjoy that long period of wellness while it lasted!
I have to say that the timing was pretty good, too. I have a few exciting things coming up soon and I'm happy this little bout didn't interfere. Likeeee on Friday a bunch of us are going to the pyramids! Yay! I have been in Sudan for almost 9 months now and have yet to make it out of the city. Part of this is because some plans have fallen through, and it is also difficult to go anywhere without a car. Did I mention you have to go get travel permission from the government to go anywhere? Anywhere. Yeah, going to get that today but hopefully no problems with that.
I'm so excited to get out of the city! A big group of us young kids (aka the singles) are going and it should be a lot of fun. Plus the weather is starting to cool off ever so slightly. The mornings are absolutely beautiful, but it still heats up uncomfortably by the afternoon. But is much less oppressive than the last, oh, 7 months have been. This coming Sunday is the first day since probably mid-March that the high temperature predicted is under 100 degrees. I'm very excited for winter in Sudan! Life is good.
I have to say that the timing was pretty good, too. I have a few exciting things coming up soon and I'm happy this little bout didn't interfere. Likeeee on Friday a bunch of us are going to the pyramids! Yay! I have been in Sudan for almost 9 months now and have yet to make it out of the city. Part of this is because some plans have fallen through, and it is also difficult to go anywhere without a car. Did I mention you have to go get travel permission from the government to go anywhere? Anywhere. Yeah, going to get that today but hopefully no problems with that.
I'm so excited to get out of the city! A big group of us young kids (aka the singles) are going and it should be a lot of fun. Plus the weather is starting to cool off ever so slightly. The mornings are absolutely beautiful, but it still heats up uncomfortably by the afternoon. But is much less oppressive than the last, oh, 7 months have been. This coming Sunday is the first day since probably mid-March that the high temperature predicted is under 100 degrees. I'm very excited for winter in Sudan! Life is good.
my ears turning bright red and swelling up a lot
ReplyDeleteMaybe you are looking more like your Dad everyday!!! LOL